The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Performance Toolkit
was created by the Microsoft CRM product team to formalize performance testing of Microsoft CRM 4.0. The performance toolkit can be used by the Microsoft CRM partners and customers to collect data to support their CRM deployment decisions. This release of the toolkit contains several enhancements we have made to fit the additional capabilities in the Microsoft CRM 4.0 product itself. Some of the enhancements made to the toolkit are:
1. Multi Organization Performance Testing Support
2. Multi Server Deployment Performance Testing Support
3. Outlook Synchronization and Offline Performance Testing Support
4. Data Management Performance Testing Support
5. Workflow Performance Analysis Support
6. Email Matching Performance Testing Support
7. Ease of deployment of the Toolkit through an MSI package with enhanced configuration of the toolkit.
The toolkit facilitates load testing the performance of CRM deployments. By carefully planning the required dataset that the deployment needs to support and the workload requirements, the toolkit can be used to test if the scale requirements of a particular deployment can be met. This mechanism can be used in the deciding on a particular deployment solution and avoid costly downtimes at a later stage.
The Performance toolkit contains various tools listed below that can be used in customizing the CRM installation, populating the necessary semantic data for the required scale and conducting the benchmarking tests against the CRM installation. The tools provided in the Performance toolkit are:
1. ImportCustomization Tool
2. DbPopulator Tool
3. CRM_Perf_Benchmark ToolGetting StartedMicrosoft Dynamics CRM 4 Performance Toolkit.docxNote to people interested in being contributors to this project
Kindly email to email@example.com with a request that you want to be a contributor to crmperftoolkit project.