How to set the respective numbers of E-mail messages of each test instead of percentage of each test

Apr 8, 2008 at 2:37 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know how to set the respective numbers of E-mail messages of each test instead of percentage of each test.
For example, I can set the percentage of workload of each test like the followings:

- EmailCorrelation in LoadTestOutlookDM.loadtest
  • - Test Mix
    • --> [40%] IncomingSalesTest
    • --> [40%] IncomingSupportTest
    • --> [20%] OutgoingTest

Now I want to know how to set the respective numbers of e-mail messages of each test like the followings:

- EmailCorrelation in LoadTestOutlookDM.loadtest
  • - Test Mix
    • --> [2 E-mail messages] IncomingSalesTest
    • --> [2 E-mail messages] IncomingSupportTest
    • --> [1 E-mail message] OutgoingTest

Best regards,
Keiji
Apr 18, 2008 at 8:11 PM
Hi Keiji,
I don't think i follow, you are trying to run the respective tests that many times in total? If you are trying to do that, I don't think it is possible to do that in VSTS 2005 but it is a feature added in VSTS 2008.
One way to do what you want to do is by placing all three tests in their own scenarios, then ramping them up to 1 user and putting a think time that makes them run only the number of times you want in the total loadtest time. For example if the loadtest is for 1 hour, then put IncomingSalesTest in its own scenario, then put a think time of half hour and ramp it up to 1 user at 15 minutes, so that two tests run at 15 minutes and 45 minutes respectively.

Thanks,
Aditya.
Apr 22, 2008 at 11:18 AM
Hi Aditya,

Thank you for providing the reply.
I would like to try to use VSTS2008.

Thank you,
Keiji