500 Internal Server Error during Load Test

Apr 17, 2008 at 8:19 AM
Hi,

I encountered HttpError "500 - InternalServerError" during LoadTest.
This error was output in some test scenarios of "ConvertLeadToOppWithAccount" adn so on.

The total numbers of HttpError "500 - InternalServerError" is 56.
The total number of Total Requests of the Load Test is 341,325.

Is this error considered acceptable?

In the document "MicrosoftDynamicsCRM4Performance_Toolkit.docx" there is a description like the following:
"An error rate of 1% (defined by Failed Tests / Total Tests * 100) is considered acceptable when running the reference code."

I would like to know whether the HttpError "500 - InternalServerError" is considered acceptable.
Any information on this is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Keiji
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2008 at 6:56 PM
Hi Keiji,
A 500 - Internal server error is a generic error thrown to the client from the server whenever a failure occurs on the server side especially when talking to the sql server or when the client passes wrong data to the server and the server page is unable to parse the data that the client sends to the server. But usually these are errors on the server side when the crm sends requests to SQL and the SQL requests time out. One of the ways to find out exactly what the error is, is by turning on crmtraces. It would be good if you turn on crmtracing to platform.*:error;
That said I think the number of errors, the number being 56 out of a total of 341325 is pretty acceptable. From what I can gather about the error in your post, it seems like a 500 error is an acceptable error, it is not a catastrophic failure of the CRM application. From a user perspective usually a subsequent retry will make the request pass.

Thanks,
Aditya.
Apr 22, 2008 at 10:16 AM
Hi Aditya,

Thank you very much!

Keiji